Seedil started as an incubator to become one of the venture capital pre-seed and seed funds in Israel.
You've heard of monday.com (SMB's CRM), waze (GPS), in the episode, Cynthia Phitoussi (Managing Partner) will be presenting her background and SeedIl Ventures, but also giving her view on the success of the Israeli ecosystem :
Israel was created in 1948, and today it has the highest density of startups per inhabitants and the more unicorn per capita in the world, for a country that has less than 9 million inhabitants (the size of a region in France Lorraine) and 7000 startups.
The unicorn rate is growing fast : 41 unicorns (2020), 30 (2019), 20 2018). And 32 poneys (companies valued at 500 million) on there way to become unicorns.
- What are the characteristics of Israeli entrepreneurs ?
- What is "hutzpah", and why does it help Israeli entrepreneurs ?
- Why does Israel things international first ?
- How does the mandatory army skills help entrepreneurs ?
- What industry is Israel known for ?
Thanks a lot Cynthia for your time,