In this first episode of season 2, Tom welcomes Dianne Dain, Chief Innovation Officer of the World Humanitarian Forum and founder of COPxx. The episode is our first out of 3 covering the UN Climate Change Conference COP26.
With her impressive track record in technology, innovation and humanitarian efforts, Dianne gives us insights on how important a deep connection to nature, reciprocity and hopeful action are when negotiating climate action on an international level. She also gives us guidadance on the question: How can we listen to all the voices? Including those of women, children and indigenous people.
You can find out more about Dianne on her website here. More on how to listen to the nurturing qualities on the website of COPXX, the initiative founded by Dianne.
About the Inner Green deal:
The Inner Green Deal podcast, a podcast for exploring compassionate and sustainable leadership is an effort of Awaris and the Inner Green Deal initiative. If you would like to support or start a dialogue with us, please reach out to us here.
Reflective questions for this episode:
If you have been touched by what Dianne had to say and you would like to put your inspiration into practice, we invite you to reflect on theses questions over the course of this week:
- How can we hear all the voices when we come together? At conferences of the parties like COP26 in Glasgow, when we gather within companies and also at home.
- How can we hear all the voices within our selves? Especially the quiter ones, the ones that will stand in for caring, nurturing, preserving, restoring what is around us?
- And if we hear those voices: what are they telling us and how can that guide our actions and decisions?
In the course of our conversation we also mentioned a couple of resources. Here are the direct links for your convenience:
- The Economics of Biodiversity: Final Report of the Independent Review on the Economics of Biodiversity led by Professor Sir Partha Dasgupta.
- Dianne referred to one of the UN competitions winners: Grow your own cloud
- Dianne and Tom are both inspired by the book "Braiding Sweetgrass" by Robin Wall Kimmerer
Intro song "the Inner Green Deal" by WayUpNorth. Made with compassion and active hope. From Brussels, Cologne and Hamburg, your team of the Inner Green Deal podcast.