Co-founder of SafetyWing, Sondre studied in Norway and started working as a policy advisor for the government. After getting frustrated with the slow pace of government change, he quit his job, and moved to Berlin to start freelancing and embraced the freedom!
He first founded SuperSide (YC W16), a platform for freelance designers. It was here he discovered the lack of a safety net for online remote workers. SafetyWing was then born with the aim of building a global social safety net.
In this episode we discuss:
- The benefits and challenges of being a digital nomad,
- Sondre shares his tips to stay organised when freelancing and working remote
- What safetywing provides individuals and companies
- How the pandemic is changing the face of not only work but of cities. Now that companies are moving fully remote long term, who hasn't thought about moving to somewhere new?
- The developing of digital nomads communities and castles 🏰
- What it's like to live in San Francisco, Sillicon Valley!
Of course he shares his recommendations for San Francisco:
🍺Bar: Church Key for craft beers from all over https://www.theinfatuation.com/san-francisco/reviews/church-key
🍝 Restaurant: Portofino for the white fish soup https://www.yelp.com/biz/portofino-san-francisco
🌉 Carte Blanche: Lands End trail for the beautiful landscape. https://www.alltrails.com/fr/trail/us/california/lands-end-trail
and his Expat song 🎤Make your own kind of music by Cass Elliot https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tC6b3RMs5Z0
🚨For more information on Safety Wing and a 5% discount, click here, 🚨
SafetyWing is your home country online. They are building a global social safety net for remote workers worldwide: from health insurance and remote retirement to a truly borderless world
Music credits 🎶
Musique proposée par La Musique Libre Not The King - Ice Tea : https://youtu.be/xYI0Rrnk1Jo
Not The King : https://soundcloud.com/coreygagne