Any number of socioeconomic roadblocks may prevent underserved college students from fulfilling their higher education dream. As someone with a disadvantaged upbringing himself, Galen Dehay, President of Tri-County Technical College, believes circumstances shouldn’t define potential.
His administration has partnered with multiple nonprofits to give under-resourced students a chance at meaningful careers.
Galen shares how community collaboration and authentic engagement are setting up under-resourced students for success.
Join us as we discuss:
- Wraparound services, I-BEST, and SC Thrive(8:03)
- DACA and other policies impacting underserved students (21:04)
- Designing an educational experience that benefits students (29:03)
Check out these resources we mentioned during the podcast:
- Tri-County Technical College
- Integrated Basic Education and Skills Training (I-BEST)
- Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA)
To hear this interview and many more like it, subscribe on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, or our website or search for The Higher Edge in your favorite podcast player.