State commissioners have the exceptional duty of coordinating with public and independent institutions to define public college and university initiatives that will shape the higher education infrastructure across their state.
In this episode, Chris Lowery, a recently appointed commissioner with the Indiana Commission for Higher Education, gives his unique perspective on the inner workings of his state’s governing body.
Chris brings a wealth of experience from the public, private, and academic sectors as he tells us about collaborative partnerships that will help give Indiana students The Higher Edge.
Join us as we discuss:
- The importance of academic and workforce partnerships (8:28)
- Collaborative partnerships with a Pentagon of People (17:38)
- Strategic initiatives to improve the college-going rate (25:10)
Check out these resources we mentioned during the podcast:
- Email: email@example.com
- Linkedin: Chris Lowery
- Website: Indiana Commission for Higher Education
- Website: Independent Colleges of Indiana
- Website: Frank O’Bannon Grant
- Website: 21st Century Scholars Program
To hear this interview and many more like it, subscribe on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, or our website or search for The Higher Edge in your favorite podcast player.