Change is a constant, but when embraced, it becomes a superpower.
This week we sat down with Alex Guajardo, the Global Director of Commercial Strategy at Bryan Cave Leighton Paisner LLP. Alex shared how she is using change in legal ops to not only stay current but to get a step ahead of the curve.
Sometimes we dismiss the power of information in the process of change, but it seems the more we have, the better off we are.
In this episode, we not only get an inside look at legal ops, who they are, and what they do, but we also get to see how someone's perspective on change is helping make a difference in real-time.
Staying in the know is critical in a legal ops role, and Alex is among the best in the business.
Join us as we discuss:
- Establishing a brand new global team in a natural disaster’s aftermath (3:58)
- Convincing outside firms that low prices don’t always equal good value (10:12)
- Why flexibility and data can be legal operations’ greatest strengths (14:24)
- How to justify AFAs to the C-Suite and euthanizing the billable hour (23:27)
- Alex’s alternate timeline if she hadn’t gone the legal route (27:30)
Check out these resources we mentioned during the podcast:
Listening on a desktop & can’t see the links? Just search for Innovative Legal Leadership in your favorite podcast player.