Nonprofit in-house legal teams are the Davids in a world full of Goliath corporate legal departments and private law firms. But their passion for leaving the world a better place than they found it continually drives out-of-the-box thinking and innovation.
That’s exactly what Phyllis Harris, General Counsel and Chief Compliance, Ethics, and Government Relations Officer at the American Red Cross, and her team are doing in the post-Covid era.
Phyllis shares how focusing on strategic partnerships with donors and pushing for in-house innovation have propelled the organization to achieve greater outcomes.
Join us as we discuss:
- Winning hearts and minds in the pursuit of in-house innovation (9:55)
- Advice for young attorneys seeking full-time nonprofit work (22:38)
- Doing more with less in a volunteer-driven environment (28:21)
Check out these resources we mentioned during the podcast:
- Association of Corporate Counsel Award Winners (2021)
- Financial Times — North America Innovative Lawyers Award Winners (2022)
Hear more stories by following Innovative Legal Leadership on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, or any podcast platform.
Listening on a desktop & can’t see the links? Just search for Innovative Legal Leadership in your favorite podcast player.