An englishman who moved to Hamburg twice!
He first encountered Germany 🇩🇪 watching german cable TV as a teenager, and from there went off to work in Hamburg a first time.
After a few years back in the 🇬🇧 UK, he started to miss the German rules that initially bugged him and went back to Hamburg, this time relocating with 🎮 InnoGames, Germany’s leading developer and publisher of mobile and online games.
He tells us:
- How he approached his move differently the 2nd time,
- How learning German helped tremendously to integrate,
- How InnoGames helped him settle in
- How he now feels home and wants to get involved in local community by having a vote that counts therefore he went on and got his german citizenship, as well as the Irish one (more as a backup for Brexit).
His recommendations for Hamburg:
🍸 Bar: Sofa bar for a few G&Ts http://zoebar.de/
🍞Restaurant: Lokmam Turkish restaurant with the best flatbread https://lokmam.de/
🚴♂️Carte blanche: take a city bike and ride around the city and along the lake.
His expat songs 🎤
- Gloria Gaynor I will survive - getting through the bumpy challenges of any expatriation https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZGwHtGBZJU
- Rockeffellar street by Gettia Joani, estoian eurovision song in 2011: the perfect song to beat the streets of Hamburg https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxvmdR7oYdQ
🎮InnoGames is Germany’s leading developer and publisher of mobile and online games. The company based in Hamburg is best known for Forge of Empires, Elvenar and Tribal Wars. InnoGames’ complete portfolio encompasses seven live games and several mobile titles in production. Born as a hobby, InnoGames today has a team of 400 employees from more than 30 nations who share the passion of creating unique games that players across the globe enjoy for years.