Robert Yoho calls himself a healthcare whistleblower. He practiced medicine in the United States and retired two years ago. He spent three decades as a cosmetic surgeon after a career as an emergency physician. This generalist training gave him perspective and allowed him to avoid favoring any medical specialty.
Robert has recently published two books, Butchered by Healthcare and Hormone Secrets. He has had little dealings with hospitals, Big Pharma, or insurance companies before he wrote his books. No one has ever considered him a "whale" prescriber or device implanter.
A few highlights from the show:
1. There is now one pharmaceutical sales representative for every five doctors in the US. They call the big prescribers who like and use their drugs “whales.”
2. Per Robert. How to stay healthy: (a) change your diet to a higher fat diet, (b) learn about and practice controlled fasting, (c) cut carbohydrates (simple sugars and corn sugar).
3. Having an advocate is key when navigating the healthcare system. It is ok to change your doctor if you are not feeling better.
4. Things 3 iPhone app for help getting organized. - https://apps.apple.com/us/app/things-3/id904237743
5. Visit the Cochrane Library to review evidence to inform healthcare decision-making. - https://www.cochranelibrary.com/
Follow and learn more about Robert and the healthcare system at:
Butchered by Healthcare audiobook: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ye476jKeDMw
Hormone Secrets audiobook: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmDCYOSa1w8
Surviving Healthcare podcast: https://www.buzzsprout.com/1718994
In 2011, I was diagnosed with Hodgkin's Lymphoma, out of the blue. I did not have any prior health concerns or issues.
Fast forward, the dreaded cancer diagnosis opened my eyes, introduced me to my purpose, and lead me to where I am today.
As a Cancer Doula, I use my 10-years of experience with cancer to support and guide others diagnosed with cancer. Many people are not familiar with what a cancer doula is. Think of me as a personal health care advocate.
Schedule a free 30-minute meet and greet call to learn more. https://bit.ly/OTOSDiscovery
Looking for a gift for yourself, a friend, or a loved one who has been diagnosed with cancer or they are a caregiver? Visit my shop.
Thanks for joining us on today's episode of the Navigating Cancer TOGETHER podcast! If you enjoyed today's episode, please head over to iTunes and leave a rate and review to help me reach even more people that are facing cancer. Make sure you visit On the Other Side, follow me on Instagram, or sign up for my bi-weekly newsletter to get information and resources related to cancer.--- Send in a voice message: https://anchor.fm/navigatingcancertogether/message Support this podcast: https://anchor.fm/navigatingcancertogether/support